Podcast: The New Rules of Marketing & PR Interview with David Meerman Scott
Before the Internet and social media tools, companies could only communicate through the filter of advertising or media ink placed by a PR firm. But fortunately the rules have changed.
I just interviewed David Meerman Scott author the new book, The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly. The book was officially released on June 4, 2007.
David also writes the Web Ink Now blog and has been named to the MarketingSherpa Viral Marketing Hall of Fame for the past two years in a row. During our interview we cover a variety of topics that are relevant to lead generation, PR and marketing.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Strategies for reaching more buyers directly via the web
- The role of content in reaching people earlier in their buying process
- Building your online credibility and authority
- Thought leadership and the changing role of media and journalists
- PR tactics that work
David is a friend and colleague so I’m happy to see his book is doing so well. As I write this post his book is ranked in the top 100 of Amazon Best Sellers. Congrats David! Get your copy of The New Rules of Marketing & PR on Amazon.